Paper Runway is bringing creativity and business inspiration conversations to the Byron Shire, Sunshine Coast and inbetween. Paper Runway is owned and operated by moi, Nikki Buckland (pictured – obviously I am the one that is not Lisa Messenger). I am passionate about family, friends, lover of – arts, craft, creativity, style, shoes, collector of vintage/retro finds, needs – good coffee and organic chocolate on a daily basis. My desire to share my love of creativity and inspiring businesses has led to the evolution of Paper Runway Workshops and Creative Events.
Paper Runway evolved from being an independently published magazine in Byron Bay to what it is today through trial and error; listening to what our readers, subscribers and local creatives wanted and needed to open their minds and inner creative self to discover that when working with mind and heart something beautiful evolves. I aim to bring to you the who’s-who of the business. I know only too well that it is hard to travel to Sydney, Melbourne and even Brisbane when you have small people to care for (I have three), jobs to work (I also have a day job!) and life to live (yes I have one of those too!).
There will be monthly workshops for big and little people, creative retreats, weekend workshops, special events – the list is endless and I cannot wait to bring it all to life for you to enjoy.
other random things about me
- i am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend
- i love chocolate, coffee and fine wine (red or white)
- i have a shoe fettish (thanks mum)
- i adore vintage (you know the stuff before it was cool to collect vintage)
- i have a dog | mindie, cat | ella, 5 chickens | unnamed (sorry girls) and a rabbit | alex – well my children do but i am claiming them because we (husband and i) feed them
- i had a gypsy style upbringing in that i have moved and lived in more towns than i can recall – newcastle, brisbane, tamworth, werris creek, currububula, gosford, kariong, alice springs, bangalow, ocean shores, darwin …. i won’t bore you with more
- i admire creative people who share a similar passion
- i love the 80’s
- there is more much more – i’ll save that for a rainy day
shoot me an email or give me a call if you’d like to chat – contact
image by: Kate Ford Photography